Feeling a little overwhelmed? We all experience stress from time to time, but it doesn’t have to control our lives. Whether you’re dealing with a difficult situation at work or need to manage your own anxieties, there are many ways to reduce stress and get back on track. Here are five easy habits for stress relief:
1. Exercise: It might be the last thing you want to do when you’re feeling stressed, but studies show that physical activity releases endorphins that can help lift your mood and reduce anxiety. So, get moving! Go for a walk or run, swim, or hit the gym.
2. Take a Break: Removing yourself from a stressful situation and finding a few minutes to relax can help you shift your focus and give you a break from whatever is causing your anxiety. For a mini escape, make it a point to try something new or take some time to enjoy a favorite hobby.
3. Connect with Nature: Spending some time outdoors can help ground you and give you a sense of peace. Whether you take a beach stroll, go for a hike, or garden in your own backyard, you can find enormous stress relief in nature.
4. Journal: Writing down your thoughts can make it easier to sort out complex and overwhelming emotions. Keeping a journal not only allows you to recognize patterns in your thinking, it can also provide an escape and serve as a great brainstorming tool for problem-solving.
5. Spend Time with Loved Ones: Having meaningful, positive interactions with people you care about can help reframe the way you’re feeling about a stressful situation. Speaking with a friend who understands can also help you gain a new perspective.
6. The ESR Technique: This one is less heard of and can be a great technique in emergency situations. It works well in a crunch when time is of the essence. It simply requires the gentle hold of some neural vascular points on the head. Please watch the following video below for details on how to do this technique.
This technique is from what is now known as Natural BioEnergetics. Natural BioEnergetics is a great stress release tool and seems to find faster and more in depth solutions for its clients. To see if Natural BioEnergetics is the right technique for you, book a virtual discovery session here.
Everyone handles stress differently, so don’t be afraid to experiment and find out what works best for you. Incorporating these five habits into your daily routine can have a powerful impact on your emotional wellbeing